A Streamlined Option for ICBC Massage Therapy Treatment in Burnaby
Metrotown Massage Therapy is an ICBC approved treatment centre for individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents. Under this program, ICBC pays the massage therapist directly. This creates a stress free environment so the patient can focus on his/her recovery and eliminates barriers to care.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is an injury that can occur in any part of your spine and is a result of a sudden back-and-forth movement due to a change in velocity. Although commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents, whiplash can also occur from a sports injury or other trauma. Whiplash is characterized by muscle spasm, tension, and achiness. The symptoms commonly last for weeks or months with some cases lasting longer.
Why is massage therapy care helpful for whiplash?
Massage therapists use their hand to gently mobilize and work on the tissues around the spine to relieve joint and muscle tension, the hallmarks of whiplash. It is a clinically effective therapy to help relieve symptoms and decrease pain levels.
How does direct billing with ICBC work?
- If the date of your motor vehicle accident was before April 1, 2019:
- Please bring a physician’s referral for massage therapy care to your first appointment
- After we get approval from your claims adjustor, you can go ahead and start treatment
- If the date of your accident was after April 1, 2019:
- You’re likely pre-approved to visit a massage therapist
- Provide your claim number and the date of the motor vehicle accident to our front desk
- If your visit to our clinic is more than 3 months after the date of your accident, please bring a referral note from your family physician
Can I see other practitioners simultaneously I’m obtaining massage therapy care for my whiplash symptoms?
Absolutely, at Metrotown Massage Therapy, we love collaborating with your chiropractor, physiotherapist, kinesiologist, or acupuncturist. Feel free to inform us whom you have seen before and what treatment modality is working best for you.
Have a lawyer? No problem. This program work extremely well with those who have legal counsel.
At Metrotown Massage Therapy, we look forward to accelerating the healing process after an accident. Please contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment – we aim to make the process as simple and efficient as possible.